Thursday, June 12, 2008

Letter from Dad & 6-08-08

Sorry, you have me again. Wilma & I talked about me leaving the comp. & the fact it would be left in the room with no one there & no way to lock it up. Knowing a little about what goes on in some places we though it best for me to keep it, she also though I might use it more than her. I will be down twice a week anyway & can bring it so we can et on line.
Wilma is doing better, when I got there she was down, but I believe she was up when I left (if nor she put on a good show). She had receive a pain pill and was a little sick at her stomach. She is getting around better, we went to lunch (next time we will have it in her room). We talked about me building some stairs for her to used in getting in & out of the trailer. I will start on them as soon as I can get back in our regular site (I had to move because of a water leak). We both enjoyed my visit very much. Next time I am going to carry Tank (they miss each other).
Tank was glad to see me when I got home. There was a motor home in the CG when I got here so Tank & I went & knocked on their door. Robin (one of the Rangers had sent them here as they were sick) I told then OK but no services. I did give then a envelope to donate.
Dear Kids,
Being of the older set, I want to say something. I think I have the right. It seems as we get older some our kids thank we should stop living & set at home and rot. We are not dead, we still have a life to live, we still have dreams. Thing will happen we will get hurt, but that is part of life. Do you not know that when you left home we wanted to fix everything, make everything right for you; we still wanted to be there when you were sick, needed anything. That could not be, you had a life to live, & not to let you live it would be wrong. Wilma & I turn 67 this year, the time will come when we can not do anything,but stay at home, (I hope that time is a long away off). We still have a life to live it is a change, in that it is not what we used to do. We love each other very much, our love is much stronger than it was yesterday, & will be stronger tomorrow. I hope I never have to live without Wilma. I also hope you, our loving kids will not plant us before we die. Thank you for letting me say this as I thank it needed to be said, not only for my kids but for a lot of well meaning, loving, kids of older people, we still have a life to live. We will need your help soon enough, and I know you will be there.
Love Dad

No comments: