Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wilma,s post

July 7, 2008
Well it has been awhile since our last update. Weldon had the intestinal flu for 6 days. He is just beginning to feel normal. It was the same thing I started having in rehab and it lasted 6 days for me too. It had been two weeks since I was sick so we were surprised that he got it after that much time.
I go to the doctor Thursday when he will tell me when I can begin trying to walk on my left leg. Yes, I am still on crutches but my leg is beginning to feel like my leg again. We are going to visit Laura Lee, Weldon's youngest daughter, tomorrow in Beaver, UT. She is a deputy sheriff and has different days off each week. She is fixing dinner for us and her inlaws, which she wants us to meet. I also have to get a blood test again tomorrow morning in Cedar City because I am on coumadin. Hope it is the last one.
We had a neat 4th of July evening. Several of the young students working here at the park came over and brought hamburger meat and hot dogs. They cooked them on the grill outside and we had hamburgers and hot dogs. The other camp host couple joined us as well. Weldon had hung out his American flag banner for the 4th. (The other camp host lady said it looked like a used car sale). After the meal was over, most of them headed over to Brianhead for the fireworks display. It is a small community nearby and is a ski resort in winter. We went on to bed.
We saw some young elk playing down in the meadow that same evening.
We had a full campground for July 3, 4, and 5th. Had to turn some folks away.
I am having withdrawal pains from no TV, no internet, no telephone. It is tough but somehow the days go by. It is a different life. Weldon has lost 20 pounds! I guess it is partly the altitude, 10,350 ft. I told him I wish he worked half this hard at home! We haven't gotten to do any 4 wheeling yet. The wild flowers are vibrant. Some grow here that don't grow any where else, partly because of the soil, and partly the altitude.
We have caught 10 mice and two ground squirrels in Weldon's special trap. We didn't mean to get the ground squirrels.
We have 7 Utah University students here to volunteer to do work on the fence and campground. Some of the sites need reconditioning. They are staying in two campsites. This campground is one step up from primitive camping. There is no electricity except in the restrooms. There are no showers. They may add showers in the next year or so. Water is scattered in various places around the campground. Our site has full hookups including electricity, water and sewer.

No comments: