Sunday, July 27, 2008

7-26-08 Monsoon

7-26-08
The hi today was 68 & the low last night was 53. That is not bad for July (which is the warmest month here in Cedar Brakes). July & August is the monsoon season here.
This evening as Wilma, Tank, & I were passing out some survey cards for people to fill out and mail in telling what they think of the monument. They mail them in to a reporting agency. It started to rain & I said this will not last long, (it then started raining harder & then hailing) so much for me predicting the weather. You should have seen Tank he does not like rain much less hail. He did not want to leave a tree for the edge of the restroom, or the edge of the restroom for the trailer. He would hide behind Wilma & I. It has now stopped, (well I thought it had). These afternoon showers are a part of the mountains. It may rain an inch. Heck it may rain all night.
It could not get better I am setting here with Wilma & Tank drinking hot tea & looking out the window at a scene that could be on a postcard, we are running a heater in July. At any moment an Elk or Deer or a Coyote my come into my scene hay Sheep my enter the scene also.

No comments: