Thursday, May 29, 2008

5-26-08

5-26-08
Yesterday; Wilma went to Salt Lake City to carry Stef & Parker to the airport, I helped around the monument. Tank & I missed her but she was back by 4:15 PM. When Wilma & I got back home Tank had supper ready it was chili with beef stew.
This morning it was really snowing 30 deg., now it is clear sun shinning and 42 deg. (it is 10:00). The Pine Bark Beetle has really made an impact, by killing many of the pine trees in this area, as in much of the timber country. I don't know what will happen if they do not find a way to control it. I do know, but do not want to think of that, how do you, say no forest as we know it.
I am going to put up our bird feeder, & then go to the maintenance building & try to get some materials to do some work in the CG ( screws, shovel,power screw driver). I would like to also do some work in our camp.
I worked from 10:00 till 4:00, Wilma worked in the evening, 12:45 till 4:00. We went and checked the trash cans, three needed to be picked up. We put together a bed, a girl from Germany is coming in soon. She is on a student program. There was three signs that needed to be put up which we did. Wilma & I also put the numbers back on one of the campground spots, (ours)
The weather was weird it snowed on us, it hailed (soft), it sleeted, and the sun also came out. A lot of the snow has melted, it has green grass under it.
The picture I posted does not come close to showing the damage done by that Pine Bark Beetle. I am setting here looking at wonderful mountain meadow with Pine trees behind it that have been killed by that Beetle.
We did get that bird feeder up, also moved the 4-wheeler's trailer, & put a gutter we bought from Home Depot in place. Still a lot to be done, the weather is going to warm up, and I should get more done around the campground.

No comments: