Monday, June 15, 2009

Two weeks or so after arrival

I have not posted in a while; sorry for that. I have added some pictures of two hikes Wilma and I took. The first one was to Piedra Falls which was only one mile total. It was a nice one, not too hard(it was listed as easy). There were a lot of little kids on it. The second one was the Piedra River hike which is 2 miles or better to the first bridge. We got near the first bridge but it looked like rain was coming so we started back. The actual distance of the entire hike is about 20 miles. We will never make it to the end. We made two hikes in seven days at 8,000 ft which was pretty good for us. We failed to bring something to eat on the long one so we were famished by the end of our hike.

I will post more of the cabins later although I did get the outside of the Ranch House on this one. The William's Lake area is 4 1/2 miles from the ranch. There are some nice national forest campgrounds in that area.

Friday afternoon Wilma & I tried to round up a cow and little bull who were in the wrong area. I got on the 4 wheeler and Wilma got in position to turn them. Well, it did not go too well. The cow and calf won. I found out I am not a cowboy; it takes more than a hat and 4 wheeler.

We went to church two of the 3 Sundays we have been here at the Ranch. We were able to find a nice A/G church in Pagosa Springs. We told Karen we liked to go to church when we could and she has made sure we were off to go some. We will not be able to go every Sunday but she tries to work it out so we can sometimes.

We had two deputy sheriffs up here riding 4 wheelers on Saturday.

No comments: